For those who’re excited by pursuing a podcast promoting technique to attach with millennial or Gen Z prospects however aren’t certain if the correct alternatives exist on your firm, take a look at this listing of podcast promoting stats.
With these techniques, you may establish podcasters with a price-point and viewers goal that is smart on your model. Then, you may work with them and leverage their experience by sponsoring the content material they’ve made. Alternatively, you may additionally create a local advert that aligns with their dialogue subjects.
We’ll cowl podcasting’s largest advertising alternatives, the place podcasting is headed, and the demographics who tune in probably the most.
Desk of Contents:
Podcasts and Promoting
Podcast Listener Behaviors
Podcasts and Promoting
- In 2022, 82% of entrepreneurs plan to proceed investing the identical quantity or improve their funding in podcasts or different audio content material. (HubSpot)
- Podcast advert spending is anticipated to hit $1.74 billion this yr. (Statista)
- 39% of Data Expertise firms plan to leverage podcast promoting in 2022. (HubSpot)
- The common podcast advert slot prices between $10 to $50, with extra premium charges for reveals with excessive listenership. (HubSpot)
- 18% of U.S.-based firms plan to leverage podcasts and audio content material of their advertising methods. (HubSpot)
- 54% of podcast customers say that they’re extra more likely to take into account the manufacturers they hear marketed on podcasts. (Edison Analysis)
- 38% of entrepreneurs working for retail firms say podcast promoting is the media channel with the largest ROI. (HubSpot)
- Podcast promoting income is anticipated to go $2 billion in 2022. (IAB Podcast Advert Income Report)
- In 2021, there have been over 2 million energetic podcasts. (Podcast Insights)
- By April 2021, there have been over 48 million podcast episodes. (Podcast Insights)
- Month-to-month podcast listeners grew by 6.1% to 125 million listeners in 2022. (eMarketer)
- 73% of Individuals age 12 and up have listened to podcasts prior to now month. (Buzzsprout)
- Between 2021 and 2022, the variety of folks over the age of 12 within the U.S. who listened to podcasts elevated from 57% to 62%. (Edison Analysis)
- Roughly 79% of individuals over the age of 12 within the U.S. are aware of podcasts. (Edison Analysis)
- 53% of podcast listeners are males. (Edison Analysis)
- 41% of millennials hearken to podcasts weekly. (Jam Road Media)
- 53% of males and 46% of ladies hearken to podcasts in 2022. (Edison Analysis)
- 66% of podcast listeners have a university diploma and a mean revenue of $75,000 per yr. (Buzzsprout)
- The largest improve in podcast listenership prior to now yr has come from these within the 12-to-34 age group. (Edison Analysis)
Podcast Listener Behaviors
- 38% of individuals hearken to podcasts month-to-month whereas 26% of individuals hearken to podcasts weekly. (Edison Analysis)
- Whereas 49% of podcast listeners tune in from residence, 22% hear within the automotive. (Podcast Insights)
- Roughly 30% of individuals find out about podcasts from on-line search whereas about 20% of listeners say they hear about them from different pals or phrase of mouth. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcast listeners usually tend to personal a wise speaker. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcasts are the primary audio supply by time of consumption amongst podcast listeners. (Edison Analysis)
- 50% of podcast Tremendous Listeners agree that podcast adverts are one of the best ways to succeed in them. (Edison Analysis)
- Millennials and Gen Z are 5% extra more likely to hearken to podcasts for skilled causes than older generations. (EX-IQ)
- Roughly 50% of customer support reps have listened to a podcast at work. (EX-IQ)
- Whereas 39.2% of people that hearken to podcasts no less than month-to-month hear through Apple Podcasts, 26.4% use Spotify. (Buzzsprout)
- Greater than half of millennials hearken to academic podcasts. (EX-IQ)
- 62% of podcast listeners say they’d be extra more likely to share podcasts with pals in the event that they have been capable of share one brief phase or spotlight of it, somewhat than a complete episode. (EX-IQ)
- In 2021, dynamic advert insertion accounted for 84% of podcast promoting income. 40% of podcast adverts have been host-read. (IAB Podcast Advert Income Report)
- The quantity of branded content material in podcasts elevated by practically 82% between 2020 and 2021. (Chartable)
Contemplating podcast promoting?
As you’ve got seen from the stats above, podcasting is rising in recognition — particularly amongst youthful generations. And whereas it’s typically thought-about a type of “leisure,” podcast content material may be extremely versatile.
For instance, though millennials or Gen Z hearken to podcasts that characteristic interviews with massive celebrities, they’re going to additionally hear intently to smaller reveals that educate them about new tendencies or information that impacts their life or profession.
As a result of there are such a lot of podcasts, and so many listeners with shopping for potential, you may wish to take into account podcast sponsorships in your future promoting plan.